Seeking career in the industry of oil and gas exploration is a good idea. Being Asia’s largest oil company ONGC has set its foot in the field of philanthropic world where also it has achieved many accolades.
ONGC is the largest contributor towards India’s crude oil requirement and the largest company in production and exploration of oil. The company consists of huge and strong manpower force of approximately 32000. These persons are dedicated to the process of technological innovation and exploration of themselves. ONGC Company is one of the many companies which are growing with a cause of social mission and a global vision. However, it takes a lot of efforts and hard work to become a part of this prestigious institution.
Mr. A. K. Hazarika has been entrusted as the additional charge of ONGC chairman and managing director and the director of exploration of ONGC by the Government of India on February 1, 2011. He is a graduate of Mechanical Engineering from Assam Engineering g College, Guwahati. He joined ONGC as a trainee in 1976.
ONGC is actively involved in corporate social responsibility (CSR). Focus areas for ONGC csr are:
• Health Care.
• Self help and livelihood generation or entrepreneurship schemes.
• Ecological conservation, environment protection and promotion.
• Education along with vocational courses .
• Heritage sites Protection like UNESCO heritage monuments etc.
• Promotion of craftsman, artisans, artists, musicians etc. for preservation of art, heritage and culture.
• Support of Infrastructure near our operational areas.
• Gender sensitive projects, women's empowerment, and girl child development.
• Promotion of sports or sports persons, support of agencies promoting sports/sports persons.
• Management of Water including ground water recharge.
• Initiatives for physically and mentally challenged.
• Sponsorship of seminars, workshops, conferences etc.
Csr has registered several achievements in the fields of education, water management and disaster relief etc. It also started a movement called project HEAT along with the partnership of Hemophilia Federation India to look after the well being of the children suffering from Hemophilia. Under this project 1000 children with Hemophilia are identified across the country and then are provided with schooling and education facilities. In current focus of csr board of directors have decided to give 2% of the net profit to the csr development. There are many other achievements made ONGC in this field namely project PURA and Ashadeep charitable Organization etc.